Camps Farthest Out is an international,interdenominational, and intergenerational organization that hosts Christ-centered, prayer-filled camps and retreats for spiritual renewal. The CFO program is designedto help you enter into authetic worship, listen to God,and strengthen your walk with Christ.
It is our hope that from the first time you hear about CFO until you experience a retreat, you will see that we are devoted to Jesus Christ, pursuing the highest standards of excellence both in events and interaction with you. It is our hearts’ desire to provide an environment for the family of God to experience the Kingdom of God here and now.
In the words of founder Glenn Clark, “The Camps Farthest Out are dedicated to the purpose of discovering the wholeness of that abundant life which Christ promised." We are believers from many different places with the same goals of growing deeper and stronger in our personal relationships with Jesus Christ, and sharing Christ’s love with each other.
CFO purposes to be a spiritual training ground and a time apart from the routine of everyday life, a place for passionate worship, fervent prayer, and an authentic, love-saturated community with brothers and sisters in Christ.
CFO is not a church and isn’t meant to replace the role of the church. All campers are urged to faithfulness in the church of their choice. The CFO experience simply expands and intensifies the effectiveness of one's own church activity.
CFO is an opportunity to:
- Become more balanced spiritually, mentally, and physically
- Train as an “Athlete of the Spirit"
- Fellowship with others who are seeking and finding God
- Discover more about your relationship with Jesus
- Discover more about the love of Christ and the heart of God for us
- Learn to pray and discover the power of prayer
- The source and center of our belief is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; all else is marginal. (John 3:16 and John 14:6-7)
- We seek first the Kingdom of God, applying its principles and modeling its realities, as set down in the Holy Bible.(Luke 12:31 and Matthew 6:10)
- We search for God’s Will and in all matters seek to surrender to it. (Romans 12:2)
- Through prayer we are guided, sustained and protected both organizationally and personally. (1 John 5:14 and Philippians 4:6)
- We seek to function with honesty, integrity, accountability and transparency, in all matters, in accordance with the Holy Bible. (Proverbs 11:3)
- We seek to love God with the strength of our dedicated bodies, all the intelligence of our dedicated minds, all the loyalty of our dedicated hearts and all the devotion of our dedicated souls. (Mark 12:30)
- We seek to respond in love to all people. The resolution of conflicts and confusion can only be accomplished by viewing situations through the lens of the Sermon on the Mount, the Two Great commandments and the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the cross.(John 13:34-35, Matthew 5-7 & 22:37-39 and James 3:17-18)
- We seek to work side-by-side with churches, Christian ministries, and Christian organizations that further the Kingdom of God here on earth. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- We are called to respond to opportunities for service in the manner of Jesus Christ through the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit.(Philippians 4:3 and Ephesians 6:7)
- God the Father, creator and sustainer of all;
- His one and only divine son, the Lord Jesus Christ whose death on the cross achieved the forgiveness of sin for those who receive and believe in Him, whose bodily resurrection is a sign and hope of our eternal life, and whose personal visible return to earth will bring in His righteous and glorious reign;
- The person of the Holy Spirit who is our guide and comforter, indwelling all believers, equipping them with gifts for service and witness.
We believe in the necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ.
We believe in the Holy Scriptures given by God, divinely inspired, unfailing, entirely trustworthy and the supreme written authority in all matters of faith and conduct.